It’s CRAZY to think — There are only 2 DAYS left in this entire DECADE.
Yes, let that sink in – decade.
In 2009, 21-year-old me was busy drinking my way through college, most worried about passing calculus and what I was going to wear to the party that weekend. Now, in 2019, I’m a 31-year-old adult, married, with a baby on the way. Whoa.
With this new decade aproaching, I’m feeling inspired by everyone’s posts on social media displaying side-by-side photos of themselves in 2009 versus 2019. Try not to laugh, but here’s mine:
These side-by-side photos have made me realize: HOLY COW, so much has changed in just ten years. Most notably, I no longer bake in the tanning bed, and I’ve learned how to fill in my eyebrows. Shew.
But a few of the more major changes include:
- 1 College Degree. I graduated from the University of Cincinnati and earned my Bachelor’s Degree (2011)
- 3 “big girl jobs” including where I’m still presently employed.
- 3 boyfriends. One which ultimately led to marriage! I must admit, these were the years that I learned the most about myself, and relationships in general.
- 3 cars. A 1999 Toyota Corolla until 2012, a 2008 Toyota Corolla 2012-2018, and now, my Honda CRV
- 1 marriage proposal & 16 months of engagement
- 1 apartment, and 1 house (after I moved out of my parents’ home in 2014, that is!)
- 1 wonderful husband, 1 extremely beautiful fairytale wedding, and 27 months of marital bliss (and counting!)
- 2 honeymoons (first to Las Vegas, then to the Bahamas) and countless other trips to Chicago, Florida, Norris Lake, etc.!
- Many new friendships
- Turning 30!
- 4 pregnancies, 3 ending in loss.
- 1miracle baby girl due to join us in March.
- 1 new blog!
This decade has sure been great to me. It has challenged me in more ways than I could ever imagine, and helped me grow into the woman I am today. In a way, I feel like I’m turning the page and starting a new chapter of life – one titled, MOTHERHOOD, perhaps. I’m optimistic that the next year, and the next decade will be just as good (if not better!) than the last.
Last but not least,
I thank you for continuing to follow this little blog of mine, and keeping up with The Petes. We wish you great health and lots of happiness in 2020 and beyond!