It’s been a tough couple weeks for me, and I’ve been pretty absent from the blog. Let’s get back to some regularly scheduled (and light hearted!) content, shall we?
Ten Random Facts About Me
- I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE Poor Grammar/Weird Slang. Last week, I heard someone at work tell me, “I ain’t print ’em out cuz they’s blank.” Excuse me, what? Also pronouncing “axe” instead of ASK, and using “seen” when it should be SAW. Literally, these mistakes are nails on a chalkboard to me.
- I live for holidays, and all types of celebrations. It’s September and I have already started Christmas shopping. Yes, I’m Type-A like that. Also, I just love any reason to pop champagne and spend quality time with family.
- Not a day goes by that I don’t eat CHOCOLATE. Even on a diet, I’ll allow myself dark chocolate (in moderation, of course!). A world without chocolate is just cruel and unusual punishment.
- My Love Language is Words of Affirmation. I am totally a words person – not surprising, in the slightest! I take far too long to pick out the perfect Hallmark Card, and I’ve been known to cry when someone gives me a super sweet one. And, there’s nothing better than a thoughtful text message.
- I’m not a heavy drinker or gambler, but I am dying to go back to Las Vegas.
- I love reality TV. Some of my favorites include: Outdaughtered, Counting On, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Sister Wives, & Teen Mom.
- Something that 13-Year-Old-Me thought I’d never admit: I love to read. I enjoy biographies, romance, self-help, and thrillers. A couple recent reads that I’ve loved:
Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover (probably my favorite author!)
This is Me: Loving The Person You Are Today by Chrissy Metz
Life After Darkness: Finding Healing and Happiness After the Cleveland Kidnappings by Michelle Knight (This is the sequel to her first book.)
Side note: I was mildly obsessed with this case. The girls were found on my birthday, which I thought was eerie, and I share a name with Amanda Berry. I’ve read Amanda & Gina’s book as well.
Seriously, I could go on and on and on about books I’ve read… It’s best to just follow me on Goodreads. 🙂
- My Zodiac sign is Taurus. Known to be reliable, loyal, and responsible, but also stubborn (hence, the Bull), insecure, and hates change. Which are all so weirdly accurate.
- I’m a homebody. Don’t get me wrong, I like hanging out with friends too, but 8 out of 10 times I will choose Netflix & Chill at home with my husband and Rudy.
- I am SO READY FOR FALL. Bring on all the cozy sweaters and deliciously-scented Bath & Body Works Candles. I love summer too, but I loved it a lot more when I didn’t work a full-time job and could spend my days poolside. #AdultingProblems
And, there you have it, folks! 10 random facts about me that maybe didn’t (or maybe you did!) know! If this post inspires you to post your own “10 facts” please drop the link below! 🙂
1 thought on “10 Random Facts About Me”